Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Indian Food: Dallas v. Chapel Hill

In Dallas, we have plenty of Indian restaurants to choose from. There's an entire suburb that has a neighborhood, Valley Ranch, with outstanding and authentic Indian cuisine offered in abundance. My favorite, actually at Knox and McKinney, is Roti Grill. The Kofta Masala is a vegetarian spicy food lover's dream. It's going to be tough to replace. Or so I thought. I recently tried Saffron, a more upscale Indian restaurant in the East 54 complex. The decor is outrageous, and I'm pretty sure it's not exactly authentic Indian food. It is, however, totally delicious. I shared the Nargisi Kofta, Gobi Musslam and Daal Bukhara with two other friends. Everything was very flavorful with sweet and spicy dishes. Dinner was a little pricey, but also much more food than we needed, so we certainly could have done well with less. Indian food is always a good choice for vegetarians and carnivores alike, and no one ends up sacrificing on flavor. So, which Indian restaurant reigns supreme? I'll take either one any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment