Sunday, August 14, 2011

American Tapas at Humble Pie

It's been a while since my last post, but this recent restaurant adventure has me excited and ready to continue blogging! This last Saturday, some friends and I decided to visit Raleigh, the "big city" about 30 minutes from Chapel Hill. We were going to try Poole's Downtown Diner, but after learning of a two and a half hour wait, we abandoned that plan really quickly. The hostess recommended Humble Pie, an American tapas restaurant nearby. Humble Pie is located in the warehouse district, and is in an old warehouse. The decor is industrial, but nothing to write home about. The food, however, was some of my favorite that I've tried in the Triangle. It's an innovative menu with various tapas plates that range from southern fare (fried green tomatoes) to Asian-fusion cuisine (sesame seared ahi tuna) and even pasta (butternut squashed stuffed conchiglioni). Everything was full of flavor, and Humble Pie definitely experiments with new flavor combinations. Tapas are usually best with a big group, and with three people we tried five different dishes. I want to go back for more! Humble Pie is definitely a restaurant where "the more, the merrier" applies.

Poole's Downtown Diner (I am determined to review this one soon, maybe I'll have better luck if I go around 6PM)

No comments:

Post a Comment