Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spice and Street Food

Generally, I prefer a smaller menu at a restaurant. When I eat somewhere with too many delicious sounding choices, it makes it too hard to choose. I trust a good chef to narrow it down for me. The menu at Spice Street, in University Mall, is not narrow. The menu includes a few choices in many different cuisines, including sushi, Kung Pao, linguine and greek style kabobs. It's quite a menu to process. The benefit to this extensive selection, lies in group decisions. If you're going to dinner with a group of 8 or more (as I have at Spice Street), there's something for every palate. Thursday nights boast half price sushi and $5 martinis. Now, the $5 martinis were fabulous, they have a refreshing and intoxicating array of specialty vodka and gin drinks. However, I cannot judge the sushi because our waitress warned that we would have to wait over an hour to partake in the Thursday night special. This was really frustrating for me, because you should only hold such a special if your restaurant can handle it. That said, some really eclectic dinner choices kept everyone happy and satisfied. The restaurant is huge, and has a really nice patio, something that seems rare around Chapel Hill. It's definitely an enjoyable place to eat, and they have something for whatever mood you're in.

No comments:

Post a Comment