Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chic and Unique: Dinner at Lantern

It's rare that a restaurant lives up to great expectations. Believe me, Lantern actually exceeds them. It's an Asian-fusion-esque restaurant on Franklin street, and has received some of the best reviews in Chapel Hill. I absolutely loved my recent date night there. The atmosphere is hip but clean, with watermelons in the window and heirloom tomatoes in between booths. It's a very small interior and I noticed that everyone who arrived had a reservation. Despite the higher price point and chic menu, Lantern is still a casual place, with some customers in sandals and even cargo pants (oy vey). I had steamed halibut with baby bok choi, jasmine rice and lemongrass. It was light and totally lovely. The flavors at Lantern are definitely innovative, and it's almost like Asian-fusion with accents of Southern flavors. Oh, and did I mention, rumor has it that the owner is married to the head of Arcade Fire's record label? Lantern's cool factor is so high.

No comments:

Post a Comment