Sunday, May 29, 2011

If You're Not Into Running...


The Katy Trail is a big perk for people living in Uptown. This 5 mile or so long pathway is designed for bicyclists, runners and other outdoor workout enthusiasts. But I'm not one of those people. I've never found a reason to really cherish the Katy Trail. I prefer workouts indoors, I'm seriously allergic to outside, and the bicyclists scare me when I'm trying to walk down the Trail. Now, there's a reason for me to love the Trail, the Katy Trail Ice House. A wonderful joint for beer, burgers and queso, the Katy Trail Ice House has a large outdoor area full of picnic tables in the sun and shade. You can arrive via the Katy Trail, or valet parking, a necessary feature for any successful bar in Uptown. I like the ice cold beers in large goblets, and food is pretty good too. It's just a great place to enjoy a hot summer day with friends. With a large selection of beer, wine and food, there's something for everyone, including Jason Garrett, who we spied today. Don't wear your heels though, the entire outdoor area is gravel, and most people are in tennis shoes.

Katy Trail Ice House
Jason Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment