Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lions, Tigers & Penguins


For Memorial Day, the boyfriend and I decided to visit the Modern Museum of Art in Fort Worth. Unfortunately, it was closed. So instead we went to Fuzzy's Tacos and The Fort Worth Zoo. I had never been to the FW Zoo, but it definitely lived up to expectations. The zoo had all the big ticket animals, lions, tigers, zebras, and penguins. It also has an excellent exhibit called the Museum of Living Art. The main focus of the MOLA is amphibians, reptiles and insects. The insects, I don't care for, but the the reptiles were fascinating. I feel bad saying this, but there was definitely a snake that I would love to make some shoes out of. Don't worry, it was venomous and wasn't endangered! Even in the hot hot Texas Summer, the FW Zoo has plenty of shade, and Dippin' Dots to keep you cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment