Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dessert in Carolina Blue

I think that Sprinkles Cupcakes are the most delicious dessert in all the world. I'm a little sad to live in a city without one. They're always great for any special occasion, and giving one to my dad keeps me on his good side. But back to the point of this blog post, Sugarland in Chapel Hill. I saw this cute little shop on Franklin Street and it's Food Network approved! The cupcakes were delicious with fluffy icing, almost like homemade. They have really original flavors, and the dulce de leche was my favorite. What's best, they even serve beer and gelato, in addition to full size cakes. Several people were walking around town with the gelato and it will be great for warm summer days. I don't recommend the red velvet cupcake if you're a fan of Sprinkles, it doesn't begin to compare. But don't worry, the vanilla cupcakes even impressed my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment