Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Feel Like Lil' Jon

Occasionally, you know you have to visit a bar just because of it's name. That's the reaction I had when I heard about The Crunkleton. I had imagined a dive bar, but I was way off. This fine Franklin Street bar serves some of the best cocktails you can find. Many items are unique, but bartenders also serve up the classics, like a nice Manhattan. The drinks are strong, but most are delicious. I say most because one of my friends was served a red drink that tasted like turpentine. The service wasn't great, but I don't think that the Crunkleton was expecting around 60 MBA students to show up on a Tuesday night around 10:00PM, and only one bartender was on staff. The atmosphere is warm and luxurious, definitely a welcome departure from the bare bones sports bars that make up most of downtown Chapel Hill. For a hot Tuesday, it was a great place to get Crunk.

*Note, this post has been edited since the original publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment