Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gourmet Shopping

I recently had my first Chapel Hill brunch experience! Some new friends and I ventured to Weathervane, at A Southern Season. Let's start with the restaurant, Weathervane. The atmosphere was cozy, and the food was good, but not outstanding. They have a really big menu for brunch including lunch and breakfast items, and you can't go wrong with a Sunday mimosa!

But the highlight of our Sunday get-together wasn't the restaurant, it was the store that owns it! A Southern Season is like a foodie paradise. Some combination of EatZi's, Sur La Table and a candy store will get you a good idea. A Southern Season has a salad bar and prepared foods that you can take home and eat. It's also a store with a huge selection of wines, spices, chocolates and did I mention cooking utensils? Knives, Cuisinarts and anything else you need to prepare a gourmet meal are all for sale. It was all I could do to get out of there without spending a fortune. Spiced Vosges chocolate and herbal tea were all that I bought this time, but I will come home with more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment