Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shop on a Grad Student's Budget

While I do love the Streets at Southpoint Mall in Durham, I really prefer shopping in small boutiques. Chapel Hill has plenty of cool smaller shops that I can easily spend some cash in. Thankfully, there's Fab'rik. A new friend of mine in law school in Chapel Hill recommended it, so I stopped by the store last weekend in East 54. Every dress, skirt and tank is under $100. The only pieces that rank a little higher on the price scale are the designer jeans, and those I expect to pay more for. I found out online that this is a small chain of stores that are primarily in Georgia, but there's also a location in Austin, Texas! The pieces are fun and flirty, and dresses seem to dominate the inventory. I could definitely find something fabulous for date night. If you're not sure how to pick that out, visit the Fab'rik Files blog, a good source for fashion inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great shop! I discovered it when I stayted at the aloft next door for my interview. On West Franklin, uniquities is also great. The store is currently having a great summer sale.

    http://www.uniquities.com/

    ReplyDelete