Friday, July 8, 2011

What Exactly Are We Trading?

In Chapel Hill, I finally came into contact with the infamous Trader Joe's. Everyone I've met who has been to the place loves it. I, on the other hand, was a little disappointed. First of all, I didn't really have appropriate expectations. I thought that Trader Joe's was sort of like a low rent version of EatZi's. The other night, I was craving an EatZi's salad, and went to Trader Joe's to find one. I was completely wrong. No salad line, no sandwich line. It's basically a cheap grocery store. The store carries a bunch of private branded frozen foods and other processed packaged stuff. They have some produce and a bunch of booze. I bought bananas only to regret my purchase when I saw the beautiful unbruised bunches a few days later at Harris Teeter. The frozen and packaged foods I bought were really good and they have an excellent method for marking their vegetarian items. A plus for me any time. I will definitely go back and with the appropriate expectations, I'll learn to appreciate it more. However, I'll mostly stick to the Teeter, right across the street with lovely bananas and wine openers for when mine break.

No comments:

Post a Comment