Sunday, July 24, 2011

Southern Sunday

Sunday brunch is my favorite time of the weekend. Whether you need of a mimosa, a hangover cure or just some fresh breakfast, brunch at Crook's Corner satisfies any brunch need. A friend and I both heard of Crook's Corner without much research, so we decided to try out the small house on the border between Franklin Street Chapel Hill and Main Street Carrboro. Apparently some other friends had heard the same, because they showed up a little later. The menu was small but not simple. We had delicious hush puppies to start (with cocktail sauce, which is new to me). My friend had the recommended Shrimp and Grits, a southern favorite, and I had the Summer Omelette. Both were fresh and just what the doctor ordered. I did see the French Toast go by to another table, and that will certainly bring me back. It wasn't as dive-y as I had thought it would be, but that wasn't an unwelcome surprise. When the weather is nice, I look forward to sitting on the large outside patio. Crook's Corner could definitely become a Sunday staple.

1 comment: