Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First Saturday on Franklin

Franklin Street is THE place to dine and drink in Chapel Hill. At least as far as I can tell. This weekend, the boyfriend and I tried 411 West, an Italian Cafe that has a sister restaurant in Raleigh. The atmosphere was really lovely, and it had a quaint courtyard in the back for outdoor dining. The salads were super fresh and the pasta was really good. A step above your regular Italian restaurant. I had a lighter linguine with scallops and shrimp. The location was fabulous and we were able to parallel park in front (I've been forced to practice my parallel parking). We even found a good place to drink afterwards, but that's another story... I've mostly relied on the Independent Weekly for restaurant suggestions and it has yet to disappoint. It was romantic and low key, perfect for a first trip to Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment