Friday, June 10, 2011

Golf Carts, TexMex and Purple Beer. Fort Worth!

I rarely venture out of the bubble in Dallas (that's 75 to Inwood, NW Highway to downtown) but I do have an amazing friend in Fort Worth. So last night we decided to mix it up in Cow-Town! We started the evening with the coldest beer in the metroplex at Angelo's BBQ restaurant. Since I'm not a carnivore, we didn't stay for dinner. However, the smell was amazing and I may have had a taste of the brisket. For dinner, we moved on to La Familia, a TexMex Fort Worth institution. Inside, they serve very cold beer, and you get a choice of soup with your entree. My Fort Worth connection promises me that this soup helps prevent hangovers. I felt pretty good today so she must be right! Finally, we ended the night watching the Mavs play at Rock Bottom. No, not the brewery chain, but a cool bar in the TCU area. They even serve purple beer! I tried to order one, but unfortunately they were out of the dye. Apparently it's just Miller Lite. Since my friends live so close to the TCU scene, they often take a golf cart out on the streets to enjoy the lovely summer nights. That's a trend I could definitely get into. Maybe I can start it in Chapel Hill...

You may be wondering why I'm chattering about cold beer. It's because my Fort Worth connection has a blog of her own, all about the best places for cold beer. Check it out: The Warmest Beer I Ever Had Was Warm

Angelo's BBQ
La Familia
Rock Bottom

1 comment: