Friday, June 17, 2011

Hold the Pickle

Do you ever wonder what happened to the Soup Nazi, from Seinfeld? I have a theory. I believe he went to anger management therapy and ended up at Soup & Sandwich, right here in Dallas, Texas. This little gem in a semi-industrial office park is a Clampitt Paper favorite. It doesn't look like anything from outside, as you can see in the photo. You're almost guaranteed to run into someone in the paper or printing business while you're there. Most likely, my Fort Worth friend. You can pick up a quick bite to eat and you rarely pay more than $6. The guy who takes the orders at the counter is no nonsense and I believe he's the owner. Let's just say that he's efficient. He knows that Lee doesn't want a pickle and that I like mustard and not mayo. The french fries are some of the best in town. And basically, it's just a sandwich place. The sandwiches are on toast like you would make at home. If you're in heels, you're probably the only one. Well, you, me and my Fort Worth friend.

Soup & Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment