Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Bar: Milo's

Selecting a hang out for my last night in Dallas was not a difficult task. The best friend took one look at me and we both knew, it had to be Milo Butterfinger's. Milo's was my favorite bar in my senior year at SMU, and then for the first few years after. The crowd was mostly locals and it was known for catching fake IDs, keeping out the younger kids. My best guy friends taught me the proper form to play darts and I got pretty good. I once came in my Tinker Bell costume and walked around barefoot. Yuck. But my attention span for Milo's waned and I stopped going as frequently. Enter a new best friend from the Carolinas, a kickball league and a reputation for flip cup mastery. Milo's is partially responsible for our unwavering friendship. In the most recent years, I've only been a few times. The blond waitress that served beer while pregnant in the smoke filled bar is still working there, she was there in the beginning. The french fries are still probably the best in town (a title that Milo's shares with Soup & Sandwich). They've made some updates. Instead of a sticky mystery floor, Milo's now has some sort of hotel hallway carpet, and there's no smoking inside. The dart games are still there, along with the other standard bar games. One BFF spent most of the night at the juke box. For 10 of us, the tab was under $100, and we were there from 9 until almost 2. And we had our fair share of drinks. It's a place unlike any other that makes me happier than any where else in town. No matter where I am in life, Milo's never lets me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment