Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Fashionable Lunch

I love Neiman Marcus in downtown Dallas. There's something alluring about it. Maybe it's the urban location, the height of the escalators, the bridal boutique or the Zodiac Room. I had never actually eaten at the Zodiac downtown until this weekend. It's elegant and luxurious. Each diner receives a signature popover with strawberry butter and a tiny cup of chicken broth. It's a truly decadent experience. I wanted to taste everything, but I settled on the deconstructed tuna salad sandwich. It was full of flavor, and looked as beautiful tuna salad can. Of course I made a short pit stop on the first floor in women's shoes (there's a pair of Pedro Garcia wedges on sale!) and did a little browsing around the Contemporary floor. My mom used to shop in Neiman Marcus downtown when she lived here and worked in the city, almost 30 years ago! It's a don't miss Dallas experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment