Thursday, June 9, 2011

For Sushi & Cheeseburgers

Everyone in Dallas is wild about Houston's (now called Hillstone), and it's actually part of a chain of restaurants that diners around the country love. As much as I like Houston's (it will never be Hillstone to me), the atmosphere and smaller menu at R+D Kitchen really lure me in for dinner time and time again. The menu is quite eclectic. For example, I can order sushi and the boyfriend can order a cheeseburger. They also have meatloaf, and deviled eggs. The best appetizer is the dip duo featuring guacamole and cold queso. Yes, cold queso is a little weird at first, but totally delicious once you're used to the concept. It's a great spot to spy some Highland Park cougars sitting at the bar together. I can't barely stand the unreasonable wait for dinner at Houston's, and the wait is never as long at R+D Kitchen. I can't understand why.

R+D Kitchen

Hillstone (aka Houston's)

No comments:

Post a Comment