Friday, June 3, 2011

Music, Wine and Quite a View from the Belmont

There are a few items still on my Dallas "bucket list." This is a list of all of the things in Dallas I need to do before moving. One of those, was Barefoot at the Belmont. This concert series at the Belmont Hotel takes place by the pool, with the grandest view of downtown Dallas I've ever seen. The Belmont is a great place for drinks and apps, and they have a fabulous restaurant called Smoke next door. It's particularly nice for carnivores as it's an upscale BBQ joint. But back to the concert. Last Thursday night, Jason Isbell and Maria Taylor played small acoustic sets. The sun was setting, it wasn't too hot and just behind the musicians was downtown. Everyone sits in lawn chairs or directly on the grass, so it's a comfortable and relaxing place for a great date. The boyfriend and I went and really enjoyed sitting next to each other, drinking white wine in a plastic cup, and listening to the music. It's amazing to see how the skyline of Dallas has grown. It's really non-stop all the way to Cityplace, when just a few years ago there were hardly any large buildings north of Woodall. It really got me thinking, as Dallas has grown, so have I. Maybe now I've outgrown Dallas, as it has outgrown the boundaries of downtown into uptown, through Oak Cliff and beyond Frisco. I tell you, this evening was just about perfect, and I'm so glad I didn't neglect Barefoot at the Belmont on my bucket list.

Barefoot at the Belmont
Belmont Hotel
Smoke
*Note, this photo is not of the show that I attended, but of the King Bucks show

No comments:

Post a Comment